Which Type of Bankruptcy Is Right for You?
Learn the Differences with Our York Bankruptcy Attorney
The common misconception is that bankruptcy is an unforgiving process that ruins your financial stability for years to come, if not the rest of your life. To believe that is simply not true. When done correctly, bankruptcy can relieve you of your financial stresses, secure a more stable future for you and your family, and, in some cases, hardly affect your credit. The outcome and your success all depend on how you go about filing for bankruptcy, however.
In order to ensure you are choosing the right form of bankruptcy for your financial situation, you will want a trustworthy professional by your side. At Dethlefs, Pykosh & Murphy, our experienced bankruptcy attorneys have always been dedicated to supporting the people of Harrisburg and York County. To start lifting your fiscal burdens, contact our team today.
A Law Firm That Keeps Your Best Interests in Focus
Planning your bankruptcy is not a process that should be taken lightly. If done incorrectly, your finances, your home, your business, and more could all be hanging in the balance. To be fully prepared, you will want the help of our knowledgeable and capable legal team.
Accomplishments that Set Our Firm Apart
- Nearly a decade of experience
- Exclusive focus on bankruptcy law and cases
- Active membership to the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers™
We believe that you deserve fair treatment and honest representation. By offering flat-rate fees and payment plans with absolutely no hidden costs, you can feel assured and secure when retaining our services.
Understand the Chapters of Bankruptcy with Confidence
In most bankruptcy filings, you will be concerned with only one of the three common types. Finding the one that works for you, however, is more complicated than just picking and choosing.
Use our help today to navigate the most frequently used forms of bankruptcy, including:
- Chapter 7: Considered a simple form of bankruptcy, Chapter 7 will discharge most of your unsecured debts and cease creditors’ collection attempts, all while costing you very little. You will most likely choose this form if you have comparatively small personal debts that you will be unable to pay.
- Chapter 11: If your business is sinking into a financial dilemma, filing for Chapter 11 – or rehabilitation bankruptcy – can allow you to remain open while restructuring your debts. You will likely choose this type of bankruptcy if you have hindering business-related debts.
- Chapter 13: This form of bankruptcy allows you to reorganize your personal or business-related debts and repay a portion of it overtime – typically 3 to 5 years. You may use this form of financial relief if you have unavoidable forms of debt.
Make the Right Decision with a Harrisburg Bankruptcy Attorney Today
As there may be statutes of limitations in place that limit the amount of time you have to file for bankruptcy, you need to act as soon as possible. At Dethlefs, Pykosh & Murphy, our experienced attorneys have been handling the most severe and challenging bankruptcy issues and cases for years. Our goal is to help you breathe easier and keep you from losing everything due to crippling debt.
Get help managing your financial crisis with our help. Start now with a free, initial consultation.